- Event hire covers continuous hours, starting from the agreed start time, unless otherwise negotiated.
- The time taken to set up and breakdown of the equipment is not part of the event hire.
- The service will be available from the agreed start time, for the agreed duration of service.
- We cannot take responsibility for events that begin after the agreed time of the hire in any circumstances except, where it can be shown, that through our actions we have been the cause of the delay.
- Any delays outside our control are the sole responsibility of the Client and the hire period will not be extended, except by the discretion of the management.
- No refunds will be made if the event hire is delayed due to circumstances outside the direct control of Sapphire Occasions.
- Sapphire Occasions provide the service at a set price irrespective of how many people use it.
- Prices are fully inclusive.
Booking and payment
- Sapphire Occasions will require a £100/£50 deposit to secure your booking. (This deposit is non refundable)
- Balance payments must be made prior to the event or on the day, before the service starts.
- Balance payment is accepted beforehand via Bank Transfer, cheque or mobile banking. (Balance payments on the day must be in cash)
Once a booking has been confirmed by us this forms the basis of a contract under English law. Any cancellation by the client is subject to a 50% cancellation fee of the original hire agreement price. Cancellations within 14 days of the hire date will be charged at the 100% of the original hire agreement price, subject to the discretion of the management. Such cancellations need to be communicated to us as soon as possible, preferably by email.
Each cancellation will be considered on its merits with the management reserving the right to waive the cancellation fee if the cancellation is due to exceptional circumstances or if the management deem it reasonable to waive the fee for any other reason. The cancellation fee becomes payable at the time of cancellation.
- Your hire equipment will be delivered and assembled prior to the planned event by us.
- We will plan to arrive approximately one hour prior to the start time unless an earlier time has been previously agreed.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to inform us in advance of any parking issues or difficulties with regard to accessing the proposed venue.
- Failure to do so may result in our inability to start at the agreed time for which we will not be liable.
Customer Fruit / Sweet / Dips selection
- While every effort will be made to provide the selection chosen, it may at times be necessary to replace one or more items with a similar alternative.
- Fruit and dips are bought fresh on the day from local supermarkets. Should the selection be unavailable in any of the local stores, a similar replacement will be selected.
- Sweets are bought from a local confectionery wholesaler. Should they be out of stock, a similar replacement will be provided.
- The Client will be liable for any damage to Sapphire Occasions equipment during the event hire, caused either by themselves or their guests.
- Any loss or damage to the equipment will be the sole liability of the Client, not the venue provider, except, where it can be shown that the loss or damage has been caused by venue staff.
- Occasionally, guests can become difficult or unruly, particularly when alcohol has been consumed. In such instances, the Client will be responsible for the actions and conduct of their guests without exception.
- In certain circumstances, guests may be refused access to the services where it is considered their behaviour is inappropriate.
- We further reserve the right to terminate the event hire, with immediate effect, if
- Our staff are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, verbal or physical abuse by the client or by any other person attending the event or
- The venue is deemed unsafe for our staff
- In such circumstances, no refunds will be due to the Client.
- Our liability to the client for non attendance or equipment failure is limited to the price of the booking agreed on the booking confirmation, less any outstanding balance.
- No other damages or loss will be accepted by us to the client or any third party.
- Our staff will conduct themselves politely and professionally when dealing with the Client and his/her guests prior to, during and after the planned event.
- For legal and insurance purposes, minors under the age of 16 years old must be supervised by a responsible adult.
- Whenever possible we will breakdown and remove the equipment at the end of the hire period.
- Occasionally, collection will be later than that, subject to the direction and discretion of the venue provider.
- In extreme situations, we reserve the right to end our service, at the discretion of the management, at any time during the event hire
- If it is believed that the customer or any of their guests are acting with disruptive, dangerous or reckless conduct towards our staff or equipment during the hire period, service will be terminated
- If the the venue is deemed unsafe for our staff service will be terminated
- In such an eventuality, Sapphire Occasions will be deemed to have fulfilled their contractual obligation fully.
- Further, we reserve the right to surcharge the customer for any loss or damage to our equipment occurring during the hire of any of our equipment by the customer or his/her guest’s misconduct or negligence.
- Sapphire Occasions will strive to resolve any and all disputes reasonably and equitably.